Camp Deep State
Through workshops, speakers, and relationship-building activities, Camp Deep State is bringing together 250+ newly active citizens and emerging activists looking to confront this current political moment.
We’ll share our stories of struggle across identities, push ourselves to think critically about the equality we’re striving for, and how best to fight for it together. We’ll learn from experts and from each other about how to be our best selves, individually and collectively, in the current political climate and social turmoil.
And we’re going to have some fun too.
Between workshops, we’ll have time to explore the camp grounds, share meals, gather around campfires, and party with DJs and live performances. While we grow in our activism, we’ll grow as people, and build relationships to sustain and mobilize active communities.
WHERE / WORKMEN’S CIRCLE CAMP (90 MIN FROM NYC)
WHO / 250+ PEOPLE, 30+ ORGANIZATIONS
WHAT / 30+ WORKSHOPS, 15+ PERFORMANCES
Our growing list of organizational partners include:
– Women’s March
– Make the Road
– Community Voices Heard
– Action Together Network
– Indivisible BK
– Rally & Rise
– Code Blue
– Muslim Writers Collective
– Creative Resistance
– Just Leadership USA
– Easy Elections NY
– Parties 4 Peace
– Everyday Justice
– Interference Archive
– Up and Down Theatre
– Murad Awawdeh / Director of Political Engagement, New York Immigration Coalition
– Laura Dawn / Founder @ Art Not War, Fmr Creative Director @ Moveon.org
– Tracie Gardner / Associate Director @ Legal Action Center, Fmr Asst Sec of Health @ NY State
– Alnoor Ladha / Founder @ The Rules, Co-founder @ Purpose
– Melody Lopez / Director @ New York Civic Engagement Table
– Heidi Sieck / CEO/Co-Founder @ #VOTEPROCHOICE, founding COO @ Civic Hall