Planning Meeting for Worker Justice Workshop
Are you passionate about worker justice? Have you noticed that we haven’t been talking enough about economic justice in an era of Trump?
The Central Ohio Worker Center is hosting a workshop on May 20, 2017 to promote a vision of economic justice and worker solidarity, from the local to the global, and to ground that vision in work that is happening right here in Columbus, Ohio. We are bringing in three keynote speakers on issues of worker rights in the workplace, trade justice, and intersectionality of race, class, and gender in economic justice. The workshop is for workers, immigrants, activists and organizers, students, and anyone who labors in any capacity.
I am writing to ask you to work with me on this project between now and May 20. We especially invite people of working class backgrounds, anyone in precarious work positions, people of color, immigrants, and anyone new to community organizing who is looking for leadership opportunities.
We are looking for volunteers who can help with:
* visual design for online and print media
* direct outreach to wage workers and immigrants
* direct outreach to faith groups, local and statewide organizations
* social media outreach and marketing before and during the event
* press releases
* on-site preparation, incl. sound equipment, seating, etc.
* child care
* Spanish translation