SFV Chapter presents: On the March: Hate in the Trump Era
The ACLU SoCal San Fernando Valley Chapter presents a special panel discussion, “On the March: Hate in the Trump Era.”
Topics covered will include:
– First Amendment rights
– Hate in LA
– De-escalation tactics
– Jim Lafferty, executive director, National Lawyers Guild Los Angeles, recipient of two ACLU civil liberties awards, host of “The Lawyers Guild Radio Show” on 90.7 KPFK
– Peter Eliasberg, chief counsel/Manheim Family attorney for First Amendment Rights at the ACLU of Southern California, named by California Lawyer Magazine’s as one of their “Attorneys of the Year” in 2013
– Eric Kingsley, attorney and past regional board chair of the Anti-Defamation League, Pacific Southwest Regional Board, recipient of ADL’s prestigious Daniel R. Ginsberg Leadership Award which recognizes outstanding leadership in the fight against anti-Semitism, racism, and all forms of prejudice
– Dick Price, editor, LA Progressive
– Sharon Kyle, publisher, LA Progressive, ACLU SoCal national board representative
The forum is free and open to the public. Light refreshments available.
Parking: park in the back lot and walk to the front of the Arts Center.
For more information contact Ken Ronney, SFV chapter vice president at 818-996-1630 or firstname.lastname@example.org.