WMass SURJ General Meeting: Campaigns!
This month we are working toward picking a chapter-wide campaign!
5:45 — potluck: come get fed and nourished (bring a dish if you can, but no pressure)
6:30 — meeting starts with team/community building
visioning and story sharing about our own steps we have taken and can make towards racial justice and liberation
7:25 — break
7:35 — flesh out and share campaigns to choose from
read campaign definitions as a group
introduce skill/asset-mapping survey
propose next steps and choose facilitators for next general meeting
GENERAL BODY MEETING ACCESSIBILITY INFO
· Potluck: If you’d like to bring a dish, we would welcome it. (Please list ingredients, and limit nuts, for allergy reasons.) You don’t need to bring a dish to join!
· Entrance: The front entrance to the building is accessible from the street via a ramped sidewalk. Once inside, there’s a ramp that leads to an elevator on the left. Meetinghouse is on the second floor.
· Bathrooms: On the second floor, immediately across from the elevator. Keys are on a wall inside the Quaker space.
· Room setup: Wooden benches are arranged in several circles for the meeting. The room is spacious, with an adjoining room where children are invited to play, supervised by a childcare provider.
· Communication: The meeting is mostly spoken, and follows a posted agenda in English. Breakout groups occur often, and it is possible for groups to relocate to the hall for a quieter environment.
· Breaks: We generally take a break one hour into the meeting. You’re welcome to move around or take a break whenever you like.
· Fragrance-free: We request that people wear no scented products. For more info on why this is important, and some steps you can take, please read this article by Leah Lakshmi Piepzna-Samarasinha.