EmpowerU! Intersectional Feminist Event
Mark your calendars for EmpowerU, presented by Bright Thoughts!
This intersectional feminist event is FREE and open to the public!
Expect a festival day of fun, networking, relaxing, and self-exploration; all while treating yourself to some of the coolest people, businesses, and organizations this town has to offer!
Our activities include:
– Performance and visual art exhibitions
– A vending area that will feature women-owned businesses, exciting nonprofit opportunities, and civic engagements. You will be able to shop, paint, get henna’d up, and learn about some amazing community groups and initiatives happening here in NEO.
– Panel discussions that embolden participants to delve into relevant topics and what’s happening in Northeast Ohio. Topics include:
> Slay! Rocking Male-Dominated Industries
> Mentorship Knows No Age! Ways to Connect and Empower
Across the Age Spectrum
> Violence and Trauma: How to Spot, Discuss, and Overcome
> Identity and Intersectionality: A Discussion on Labels and How We Identify Ourselves
> Turning Passion into Positive Action
– A reflection area where guests can process their feelings on the day’s activities as well as take time to flush out any inspiration or ideas from the day.
– Some fun and relaxation in the form of the following:
>Raffles and Prizes
> Yoga and Meditation
> Chalk Art
– AND MORE!
So spend the day with your community while we EmpowerU!
Learn more at: www.brightthoughts.org/empoweru/
All interested artists and vendors are asked to use the application forms on the website.